Tuesday, February 20, and Wednesday, February 21, 2024
Two weekends from April 19-27.
Guild Church (formerly Boston Brunch Church), 204 Elm Street, Somerville (for auditions, rehearsals, and the first weekend’s performances)
Mosesian Center for the Arts, 321 Arsenal St., Watertown (for the second weekend’s performances)
“The Outcasts” was part of the Lest We Forget series, commissioned by the US government after World War II to promote values of pluralism and tolerance. (Yes, that was also the time of Jim Crow — we’ve always been a complicated country.) In “The Outcasts”, directed by Kitty Drexel, a group of homeowners wonder whether prospective homebuyers are the kinds of neighbors they want — and one of them has to decide whether to risk speaking her mind.
Read on for information about auditions and the form to sign up for an audition slot!
Auditions will be Tuesday, February 20, and Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at Guild Church in Somerville. Scroll down to learn how to sign up for a slot and audition.
Parts will be available for both voice and Foley roles.
Performances will be on two weekends from April 19-27, 2024.
IMPORTANT: Since performers will be in close proximity on stage and at rehearsals, we are requiring performers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
PLEASE NOTE: The Post-Meridian Radio Players is a community theater group and is run by volunteers. Our performers are not paid.
How to Audition
- Go to our Audition Documents folder on Google Drive and read over the synopses and character descriptions for both plays and think a little bit about what you’re interested in — the voice roles listed there are available, but there also positions for sound-effects performance, tech crew, and various other things.
- Then, click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
Before your audition
- Print out (or download to your tablet) the audition sides from our Google Drive Audition Docs folder. You’ll want to look over and/or rehearse them before your audition, and it will be very helpful if you can bring your copy to the audition (although we’ll have a few extra copies printed out).
- Then go back to our audition documents folder on Google Drive. There you will find a paper audition form and rehearsal availability grid which you should print out, fill out, and bring with you to your audition.
- Then, show up for your audition at the scheduled time! Please bring your filled-out paper audition form and availability schedule. Good luck and have fun!
Some Things to Know
- Rehearsals will generally be one day a week (exact day to be determined). For the first few weeks, Foley and voice actors will be rehearsing separately, on different days. After the first three weeks or so, voice and Foley will rejoin and rehearse together.
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable. (The paper forms will be on Google Drive.)
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.