Callbacks, if needed, will be Thursday, September 1.
Performances: Six performances from October 20-30, 2022.
Location: Boston Brunch Church, 204 Elm Street, Somerville.
Our Halloween show for 2022 will be Tomes of Terror: Spirits of Suspense, presenting three stories from the classic radio-drama shows Suspense! and Escape:
- Suspense’s “Three O’Clock,” based on the original short story by Cornell Woollrich,
- Lucille Fletcher’s radioplay “The Furnished Floor,” also from Suspense, and
- Escape’s adaptation of “The Birds,” based off the original Daphne du Maurier short story.
All three will be presented on stage in the style of old-time radio with actors in front of microphones and sound effects performed live by our talented Foley artists! See the show’s page for more information.
Auditions will be Monday, August 29, and Tuesday, August 30, at Boston Brunch Church in Somerville. Audition slots each night are 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm.
A list of roles will be posted soon, and audition sides will be posted before auditions. Please scroll down to learn how to sign up for a slot and audition.
Parts will be available for both voice and Foley roles. (Some crew positions may be available as well.)
There will be six performances from October 20-30, 2022 — evening performances on the 20th and 21st, and on the 27th, 28th, and 29th, with a matinée as well on the 21st (the first Saturday).
IMPORTANT: Since performers will be in close proximity on stage and at rehearsals, we are requiring performers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
PLEASE NOTE: The Post-Meridian Radio Players is a community theater group and is run by volunteers. Our performers are not paid.
How to Audition
- First, click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
Before your audition
There will be a bunch of documents posted in our Audition Documents folder on Google Drive:
- a paper audition form (there already, and different from the online signup form!), and
- a schedule grid (there already),
both of which you should print out and fill out before your rehearsal slot if possible,
- plot summaries and lists of roles available for the three segments (not yet there),
which you'll want to look over as you think about what roles you’d like to audition for, and
- audition sides for each of the three segments (not yet available)
which you'll probably want to print out and practice before your audition.
Note that in addition to voice roles, there are also positions for sound-effects performance, tech crew, and various other things.
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable. (The paper forms are on Google Drive.)
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.
(formerly Responsible Grace Church)
204 Elm Street
View Boston Brunch Church on a larger map