(with callbacks on Thursday, May 18, if needed)
Performances: Six performances July 21, 22, and 27-29, 2023
Location: Guild Church (formerly Boston Brunch Church), 204 Elm Street, Somerville (for auditions as well as performances).
The PMRP Summer Mysteries return with A Study in Scarlet, the very first Sherlock Holmes adventure!
A murder has been committed! The body has no wounds, yet the room is covered in blood. Scotland Yard sends for Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson! “There’s the scarlet thread of murder running through the colorless skein of life,” says Sherlock Holmes, “and our duty is to unravel it.”
Read on for information about auditions and the form to sign up for an audition slot!
Auditions will be Monday, May 15 and Tuesday, May 16 at Guild Church in Somerville. Here’s the list of available roles, and please scroll down to learn how to sign up for a slot and audition.
Parts will be available for both voice and Foley roles.
There will be six performances on July 21-29, 2022.
IMPORTANT: Since performers will be in close proximity on stage and at rehearsals, we are requiring performers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
PLEASE NOTE: The Post-Meridian Radio Players is a community theater group and is run by volunteers. Our performers are not paid.
How to Audition
- Read over the list of roles available and think a little bit about what you’re interested in — the voice roles listed there are available, but there also positions for sound-effects performance, tech crew, and various other things.
- Then, click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
Before your audition
There are a bunch of documents posted in our Audition Documents folder on Google Drive:
- a paper audition form (different from the online signup form!), and
- a schedule grid (both already posted),
both of which you should print out and fill out before your rehearsal slot if possible, and
- audition sides for each of the three segments
which you'll probably want to print out and practice before your audition. (All these documents have now been posted. They're all available in both PDF format and Word or Google Docs format.)
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable. (The paper forms are are not up yet, but they will be on Google Drive.)
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.