Performances: October 28, 29, and 30 (with two performances on the 30th).
Location: Boston Brunch Church (formerly Responsible Grace), 204 Elm Street, Somerville (for auditions as well as performances).
Our Halloween show in 2021 (postponed from Spring 2020 due to the pandemic) will be “Plan 9 from Outer Space,” and “Plan 8 from the Outer Ether” — an adaptation of the infamous Ed Wood film along with an original prequel fiasco!
There will be several types of positions available in the show, including on-stage voice acting, live Foley sound-effects performance, and crucial behind-the-scenes positions.
Auditions will be Monday, August 30. Scroll down to learn how to sign up for a slot and audition.
Parts will be available for both voice and Foley roles.
There will be four performances October 28-30, 2021.
IMPORTANT: Since performers will be in close proximity on stage and at rehearsals, we are requiring performers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. (If you are unvaccinated and want to participate, let us know; there are some crew positions that can be done offsite for which you don't need to be vaccinated.)
PLEASE NOTE: The Post-Meridian Radio Players is a community theater group and is run by volunteers. Our performers are not paid.
How to Audition
- Go to our audition documents folder on Google Drive and check out the blurbs and descriptions of available roles for the two segments and think a little bit about what you’re interested in — the voice roles listed there are available, but there also positions for sound-effects performance, tech crew, and various other things.
- Then, click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at email@example.com. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
- Then print out (or download to your tablet) the audition sides from our Google Drive Audition Docs folder. You’ll want to look over and/or rehearse them before your audition, and it will be very helpful if you can bring your copy to the audition (although we’ll have a few extra copies printed out).
- Then go back to our audition documents folder on Google Drive. There you will find a paper audition form and rehearsal availability grid which you should print out, fill out, and bring with you to your audition.
- Then, show up for your audition at the scheduled time! Please bring your filled-out paper audition form and availability schedule. Good luck and have fun!
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable. (The paper forms are on Google Drive.)
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.
(formerly Responsible Grace Church)
204 Elm Street
View Boston Brunch Church on a larger map