Auditions: Monday, September 16, at Unity Somerville, with slots at 7pm and 8pm
Performances: Friday, December 6, at 8:00pm, Saturday, December 7, matinée at 2:00pm, and Saturday, December 7, evening show at 8:00pm at Unity Somerville
Come audition for our original full-length adaptation of that paragon of Christmastime cheer, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, back for its third year! Most of our actors are returning to their roles this year, but are auditioning to fill two roles. Read on to find out more and then click here to sign up for an audition slot.
There’s more information about the show itself on its event page.
PLEASE NOTE: The Post-Meridian Radio Players is a community theater group and is run by volunteers. Our performers are not paid.
How to Audition
Note: Most of the roles have already been cast with returning voice-actors. We have two roles available. (Read below for a description of them.)
- Read below about the available roles.
- Click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at email@example.com. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
- Then go to our audition documents folder on Google Drive. There you will find a paper audition form and rehearsal availability grid which you should print out, fill out, and bring with you to your audition. (If you forget, we’ll have spares for you to fill out at the audition.) It won’t necessarily prevent you getting cast if you have conflicts on some rehearsal dates.
- Then you’ll probably want to study and prepare the audition sides, also posted in our audition documents folder
- Then, show up for your audition at the scheduled time! Good luck and have fun!
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms (not available just yet) which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable.
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.
We have two roles available:
- Hargo is a Martian officer in the service of Kimar, king of Mars. (Hargo can be any gender.) Hargo comes with several other Martians to Earth to find Santa Claus, and gets mixed up in a plot.
- Mrs. Claus is the long-suffering but not especially patient wife of the Jolly Old Elf himself. She has the misfortune to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when the Martians arrive, but makes some new friends, and speaks to a world anxious for Santa's safety. She will be played as a woman but may be played by a voice actor of any gender.
Auditions, as well as performances, will be at
6 William St.
Somerville, MA 02144