Ever wanted to learn how to work on the audio from live shows and studio projects? To get it from raw files to shows ready to delight new audiences? Well we're here to help!
PMRP is glad to announce we will be hosting a class on audio post-production on Saturday, September 29th from 1pm-3pm, at Boston Brunch Church (formerly Responsible Grace). The class will be taught by PMRP veteran Brad Smith and will cover the following topics:
- Reaper basics: tracks, folders, mute, solo, mixer
- Going through multiple takes, what to listen for in selecting one: background noise, mic quality, performance quality, audience energy, no cast substitutions, etc.
- Combining pieces of different takes: cuts, crossfades, etc.
- Using filters to improve audio quality: floor, compression, eq
- Changing volume and other properties in specific places
- Rendering to mp3/wav
Please note: we will be teaching Reaper software, not Audacity.
The class is free although donations will be accepted. Please RSVP for the workshop here.
Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop and to download the software and class practice files ahead of time.
Reaper may be downloaded (for Windows, Mac, or Linux) from https://www.reaper.fm/.
(Reaper is not free software, but can be downloaded and used on a trial basis for 60 days)
The practice files will be available soon.
(fomerly Responsible Grace Church)
204 Elm Street