Performances: Friday, December 1, at 8:00pm, Saturday, December 2, matinée at 2:00pm, and Saturday, December 2, evening show at 8:00pm at Unity Somerville
Come audition for our original full-length adaptation of that paragon of Christmastime cheer, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians! There are several types of positions available in the show: from on-stage acting to crucial behind-the-scenes positions. Read on to find out more and then click here to sign up for an audition slot.
The show is adapted and directed by Mare Freed.
Auditions will be held on Saturday, September 23, and Sunday, September 24 in Davis Square, Somerville.
IMPORTANT: Most rehearsals will be on Fridays! See our schedule page for details.
There will be three performances: Friday, December 1 (8:00pm) and Saturday December 2 (2:00pm and 8:00pm) at Unity Somerville.
PLEASE NOTE: The Post-Meridian Radio Players is a community theater group and is run by volunteers. Our performers are not paid.
How to Audition
- Check out the available roles and think a little bit about what you’re interested in. (That includes voice roles, of course, but also live sound-effects performance, tech crew, and various other things.
- Click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
- Then go to our audition documents folder on Google Drive. There you will find a paper audition form and rehearsal availability grid which you should print out, fill out, and bring with you to your audition. (If you forget, we’ll have spares for you to fill out at the audition.)
- We’ve also posted audition sides (definition) in the audition documents folder, which you’ll probably want to look at ahead of time.
- Then, show up for your audition at the scheduled time! Good luck and have fun!
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms (available in our audition documents folder on Google Drive) which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable.
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.
6 William St.
Somerville, MA 02144