The Post-Meridian Radio Players want to hear your ideas for its Spring 2019 show! This is an open call for proposals of full-length or short radio plays to be submitted to us by September 30.
We will accept proposals that fulfill the following criteria:
- Containing a 1- to 2-page overview of your idea, including show format (e.g. single feature, anthology, etc.), and why your proposal is a good fit for the PMRP spring slot;
- Including a script sample of at least 5-10 pages in length, in radio/audio drama format and containing Foley SFX cues (no visual cues)—examples of a radio script can be seen here;
- Of any genre except horror or mystery;
- Either based on a work in the public domain or an original work for which the playwright holds the copyright (adaptations of Old Time Radio plays are acceptable as long as they are no longer in copyright);
- Appropriate for our general audience—no more explicit than “PG-13.”
Please send your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 30, 2018, and our selection(s) will be announced mid-October. If your proposal is selected, the playwright will then have until December 14 to send us a completed script.
You are welcome to submit more than one proposal, as long as each proposal is complete per the above criteria. Please note that, if appropriate, your proposal may be selected as part of a multi-segment show. We look forward to reading your best ideas!