Audition location: Boston Brunch Church (formerly Responsible Grace), 204 Elm Street, Somerville
Looking to audition for our live performance event, Plan 9 from Outer Space (with Plan 8)? See this page.
PMRP Presents is auditioning for its next project “The Renegotiation” written by Kevin Kordis and directed by Laura Corliss. Scroll down to learn how to audition!
The Renegotiation is the story of a blacksmith who makes a deal with… let’s just say someone who doesn’t have their best interest in mind. The fate of the blacksmith and their village is changed, but when it comes time to uphold their end of the bargain the blacksmith seeks a new deal.
The Renegotiation will be recorded in the studio and released as an audio file. There are only vocal roles in this production, no live Foley. Please note: though the script as written uses gendered pronouns, casting will be gender-blind and pronouns will be changed to reflect the actors in those roles.
Rehearsals and recording will be based on actor availability and will not conflict with Plan 9 from Outer Space commitments — so you can audition for both if you like! Just make sure you don't end up with the same time slot for both auditions.
The signup form is live now! Click here to sign up for an audition slot! More information, including audition sides and character descriptions, will be available soon. Please note this is an unpaid project.
How to Audition
- Check out the available roles in the file Renegotiation Audition Info in our Audition Docs folder on Google Drive and think a little bit about what you’re interested in.
- Then, click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at email@example.com. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
- Then print out (or download to your tablet) the audition sides from our Google Drive Audition Docs folder. You’ll want to look over and/or rehearse them before your audition, and it will be very helpful if you can bring your copy to the audition (although we’ll have a few extra copies printed out).
- Then go back to our audition documents folder on Google Drive. There (in addition to the sides and audition info) you will find a paper audition form and rehearsal availability grid which you should print out, fill out, and bring with you to your audition. Those forms have just been posted as of February 3.
- Then, show up for your audition at the scheduled time! Please bring your filled-out paper audition form and availability schedule. Good luck and have fun!
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable. (The paper forms are not yet posted.)
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.
- Rehearsals will be 3-4 weeks and will be organized around availability. The schedule will be setup to accommodate anyone acting in PMRP’s Plan 9 From Outer Space.
- Unfortunately at this time we are unable to cast Equity actors.
(formerly Responsible Grace Church)
204 Elm Street
View Boston Brunch Church on a larger map