Callbacks, if needed, will be Thursday, February 13.
Performances: April 17, 18, 23, 24, and 25, 2020.
Location: Boston Brunch Church (formerly Responsible Grace), 204 Elm Street, Somerville (for auditions as well as performances).
Looking to audition for our studio recording project, “The Renegotiation”? See this page.
Our Spring show in 2019 will be “Plan 9 from Outer Space,” and “Plan 8 from the Outer Ether” — an adaptation of the infamous Ed Wood film along with an original prequel fiasco!
There will be several types of positions available in the show, including on-stage voice acting, live Foley sound-effects performance, and crucial behind-the-scenes positions.
Auditions will be Monday, February 10th and Tuesday, February 11th, with callbacks on Thursday, February 13th if needed. Scroll down to learn how to sign up for a slot and audition. (Note that you can audition both for this show and for our studio recording project, “The Renegotiation”, since rehearsals and performances/recordings will be scheduled not to conflict. Just make sure you end up with two different timeslots for the two auditions.)
Parts will be available for both voice and Foley roles.
Performances will be two weekends from April 17th-25th.
PLEASE NOTE: The Post-Meridian Radio Players is a community theater group and is run by volunteers. Our performers are not paid.
How to Audition
- Check out the available roles and think a little bit about what you’re interested in — the voice roles listed on that page are available, but there also positions for sound-effects performance, tech crew, and various other things.
- Then go to our audition documents folder on Google Drive. There you will find a paper audition form and rehearsal availability grid which you should print out, fill out, and bring with you to your audition.
- Then, click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at email@example.com. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
- Then print out (or download to your tablet) the audition sides from our Google Drive Audition Docs folder. You’ll want to look over and/or rehearse them before your audition, and it will be very helpful if you can bring your copy to the audition (although we’ll have a few extra copies printed out).
- Come back here in a week or so to check for additional documents we’ll want you to print and fill out and bring with you to your audition slot, indicating what roles you’re interested in and what your availability is for rehearsals. Don’t wait for these to be posted, though! Go ahead and sign up for your audition slot now, since slots can fill up.
- Then, show up for your audition at the scheduled time! Please bring your filled-out paper audition form and availability schedule. Good luck and have fun!
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable. (The paper forms are not yet posted.)
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable. (The paper forms are not yet posted but will be on Google Drive.)
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.
(formerly Responsible Grace Church)
204 Elm Street
View Boston Brunch Church on a larger map