Callbacks, if needed, will be Thursday, August 16th.
Performances: October 19-27 at Boston Brunch Church (formerly Responsible Grace), 204 Elm Street, Somerville.
This Halloween the Post-Meridian Radio Players are proud to present The Van Helsing Chronicles! Famed monster hunter Professor A. Van Helsing hosts and narrates two tales of Gothic horror in which he eventually also plays a role. We shall be presenting two stories, original adaptations of Richard Marsh's The Beetle and Bram Stoker's Dracula. There will be several types of positions available in the show, including on-stage voice acting, live Foley sound-effects performance, and crucial behind-the-scenes positions.
Auditions will be on Monday, August 13, and Tuesday, August 14, with callbacks (if needed) on Thursday, August 16. Scroll down to learn how to sign up for a slot and audition.
Parts will be available for both voice and Foley roles.
Performances will be two weekends from October 19-27.
PLEASE NOTE: The Post-Meridian Radio Players is a community theater group and is run by volunteers. Our performers are not paid.
How to Audition
- Check out the available roles (Google Docs link) and think a little bit about what you’re interested in — the voice roles listed on that page are available, but there also positions for sound-effects performance, tech crew, and various other things.
- Then go to our audition documents folder on Google Drive. There you will find a paper audition form and rehearsal availability grid which you should print out, fill out, and bring with you to your audition. You’ll also find a description of the characters in the various segments, so you can decide which roles you’re most interested in. As they’re ready, we’ll also put audition sides (definition) there, which you’ll probably want to look at ahead of time.
- Then, click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
- Come back here in a week or so to check for additional documents we’ll want you to print and fill out and bring with you to your audition slot, indicating what roles you’re interested in and what your availability is for rehearsals. (We’ll also have a list of available roles with descriptions by then.) Don’t wait for these to be posted, though! Go ahead and sign up for your audition slot now, since slots can fill up.
- Before your audition, go to our audition documents folder to download audition sides (definition), which you’ll probably want to look at ahead of time (not yet available). We also have a list of available roles.
- Then, show up for your audition at the scheduled time! Good luck and have fun!
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable. (The paper forms are not up yet.)
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.
(formerly Responsible Grace Church)
204 Elm Street
View Boston Brunch Church on a larger map