Callbacks, if needed, will be Thursday, August 10th.
Performances: Six performances from October 20-21 and 26-28 at Responsible Grace Church, 204 Elm Street, Somerville (with two performances on Saturday the 21st).
Our annual Halloween show for 2017, Tomes of Terror: Lenore, is a frightful trilogy of gothic horror tales taking you to the depths of abandoned castles, vengeful maniacs and unquiet graves.
Auditions for Tomes of Terror: Lenore will be on Monday August 7th and Tuesday August 8th with callbacks on Thursday August 9th as needed.
Parts will be available for both voice and Foley roles.
Auditions will be at Responsible Grace Church, 204 Elm St. in Somerville.
PLEASE NOTE: The Post-Meridian Radio Players is a community theater group and is run by volunteers. Our performers are not paid.
How to Audition
- Think a little bit about what you’re interested in — ensemble voice roles are available (see below), but also live sound-effects performance, tech crew, and various other things.
- Then go to our audition documents folder on Google Drive. There you will find a paper audition form and rehearsal availability grid which you should print out, fill out, and bring with you to your audition. You’ll also find a description of the characters in the various segments, so you can decide which roles you’re most interested in. As they’re ready, we’re also putting audition sides (definition) there, which you’ll probably want to look at ahead of time.
- Then, click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at email@example.com. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
- Closer to the audition dates, we’ll also post audition sides (definition), which you’ll probably want to look at ahead of time.
- Then, show up for your audition at the scheduled time! Good luck and have fun!
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable.
(The paper forms are not ready yet; we’ll announce here and on the front page when they are.)
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.
204 Elm Street
View Responsible Grace on a larger map