Recording: Friday, March 8th, 2019.
Audition location: Boston Brunch Church (formerly Responsible Grace), 204 Elm Street, Somerville
PMRP Presents is proud to present an original adaptation of Charlotte Perkins Gilman's short story "The Yellow Wallpaper." A young wife is brought to a secluded estate for three months of complete and total rest. But as the stifling stillness goes on she discovers there may be far more going on behind the images on the wall.
Auditions will be on Thursday February 7th at Boston Brunch Church. Want to audition? Read on for more information, and then fill out the form below to request an audition slot.
“The Yellow Wallpaper” was adapted for PMRP by Director Amy Bennett-Zendzian.
Produced by Chris DeKalb
The show will be recorded on Friday March 8th for general release.
Please note this is an unpaid project.
“Charlotte” (never named in dialogue) — a young wife and mother, 20s
John — her husband, a doctor, 40s
Jennie — their housekeeper, John’s sister, 30s
All three are 19th-century upper-class Americans. The story takes place over three months, somewhere in New England in 1885.
How to Audition
- Check out the available roles above and think a little bit about what you’re interested in — there also positions for sound-effects performance, tech crew, and various other things.
- Then go to our audition documents folder on Google Drive. There you will find a paper audition form and rehearsal availability grid which you should print out, fill out, and bring with you to your audition.
- Then, click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
- Then print out (or download to your tablet) the audition sides from our Google Drive Audition Docs folder. You’ll want to look over and/or rehearse them before your audition, and it will be very helpful if you can bring your copy to the audition (although we’ll have a few extra copies printed out).
- Then, show up for your audition at the scheduled time! Please bring your filled-out paper audition form and availability schedule. Good luck and have fun!
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable. (The paper forms are not yet posted.)
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.
(formerly Responsible Grace Church)
204 Elm Street
View Boston Brunch Church on a larger map