(with callbacks, if needed, on Thursday, February 9th)
Four performances from April 20th to April 22d at Boston Brunch Church, 204 Elm Street, Somerville.
Two performances on April 28th and 29th at the Mosesian Center for the Arts, 321 Arsenal St., Watertown.
Our spring show for 2023 will be Metropolis, an original adaptation of the classic science-fiction novel and silent film, presented on stage in the style of old-time radio with actors in front of microphones and sound effects performed live ! See the show’s page for more information.
Auditions will be Monday, February 6th, and Tuesday, February 7th, at Boston Brunch Church in Somerville. Audition slots each night are 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm.
A list of roles will be posted soon, and audition sides will be posted before auditions. Please scroll down to learn how to sign up for a slot and audition.
Parts will be available for both voice and Foley roles. (Some crew positions may be available as well.)
There will be six performances from April 20–29, 2023 — four performances (including one matinée) at Boston Brunch Church near Davis Square, Somerville, on the first weekend, and two performances at the Mosesian Center for the Arts in Watertown on the second weekend (plus a tech/dress/brush-up rehearsal before the second weekend, since it will be our first opportunity to get acquainted with the space). Unusually, we will be performing this show in two different venues.
IMPORTANT: Since performers will be in close proximity on stage and at rehearsals, we are requiring performers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
PLEASE NOTE: The Post-Meridian Radio Players is a community theater group and is run by volunteers. Our performers are not paid.
How to Audition
- First, click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at email@example.com. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
Before your audition
There are a bunch of documents posted in our Audition Documents folder on Google Drive:
- a paper audition form (different from the online signup form!), and
- a schedule grid,
both of which you should print out and fill out before your rehearsal slot if possible,
- a synopsis of the show,
- a list of available roles, with notes on casting,
which you'll want to look over as you think about what roles you’d like to audition for, and
- audition sides
which you'll probably want to print out and practice before your audition.
Note that in addition to voice roles, there are also positions for sound-effects performance, tech crew, and various other things.
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable. (The paper forms will be on Google Drive.)
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.
Boston Brunch Church
(formerly Responsible Grace Church)
204 Elm Street
View Boston Brunch Church on a larger map