Auditions: Monday, August 19th, and Tuesday, August 20th, 2019
at Boston Brunch Church in Davis Square, Somerville.
(three hourlong slots each night at 7:00, 8:00, and 9:00pm)
Callbacks, if needed, will be Thursday, August 22d.
Performances: October 25th, 26th, and 31st and November 1st and 2d at 8:00pm,
with an additional matinée on Saturday, October 26th, at 2:00pm.
Join us this fall as we present original adaptations of four creepy tales from around the globe! We will be presenting
- “The Boy Who Drew Cats” by Greg Lam
- “A Hare-Raising Tale” by Naomi Hinchen
- “The Myling” by Adrian Cory
- “La Siguanaba” by Liz Salazar
We’ll have more information about the show shortly on its event page.
Performances will run from October 25th through November 2nd at Boston Brunch Church (formerly Responsible Grace Church).
There are several types of positions available in the show: from on-stage acting, to live sound effects to crucial behind-the-scenes positions. Read on to find out more and then click here to sign up for an audition slot.
PLEASE NOTE: The Post-Meridian Radio Players is a community theater group and is run by volunteers. Our performers are not paid.
How to Audition
Note: This show is being cast as an ensemble; actors cast may perform in multiple segments in the show. There will be two rehearsals a week (generally on Monday and Thursday), although it’s possible that not all voice actors will be called for all rehearsals.
- Check out the descriptions of the four segments and the available roles on the event page and think a little bit about what you’re interested in. (That includes voice roles, of course, but also live sound-effects performance, tech crew, and various other things.)
- Click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
- Then go to our audition documents folder on Google Drive. There you will find a paper audition form and rehearsal availability grid which you should print out, fill out, and bring with you to your audition. (If you forget, we’ll have spares for you to fill out at the audition.) The rehearsal form has been updated since it was first posted to reflect a second day of rehearsals each week. Make sure you have the updated version. (It won’t necessarily prevent you getting cast if you have conflicts on some rehearsal dates.)
- Then you’ll probably want to study and prepare the audition sides, also posted in our audition documents folder
- Then, show up for your audition at the scheduled time! Good luck and have fun!
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms (not available just yet) which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable.
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.
Foley Artists (Live Sound Effects)
If you’re interested in being a Foley performer and making the live sound effects, there will be a Foley interview at the time of your audition slot. You can absolutely both audition for a voice role and express interest in being a Foley artist (although you can only do one or the other, since voice actors and Foley artists are performing simultaneously). Just let us know on your form what roles and/or positions you want to be considered for.
(formerly Responsible Grace Church)
204 Elm Street
View Boston Brunch Church on a larger map