Callbacks, if needed, will be Thursday, February 15th.
Performances: April 20th-28th.
Our Spring show will be an original adaptation based on the World War II-era comic book character War Nurse and her Girl Commandos, plus a companion piece (still being chosen) on the theme of resisting evil and defending freedom. There will be several types of positions available in the show, including on-stage voice acting, live Foley sound-effects performance, and crucial behind-the-scenes positions.
Auditions will be Monday, February 12 and Tuesday, February 13, with callbacks on Thursday, February 15th as needed. Scroll down to learn how to sign up for a slot and audition.
Parts will be available for both voice and Foley roles.
Performances will be two weekends from April 20-28.
PLEASE NOTE: The Post-Meridian Radio Players is a community theater group and is run by volunteers. Our performers are not paid.
How to Audition
- Think a little bit about what you’re interested in — ensemble voice roles are available (a list will be posted shortly), but also live sound-effects performance, tech crew, and various other things.
- Then, click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
- Come back here in a week or so to check for additional documents we’ll want you to print and fill out and bring with you to your audition slot, indicating what roles you’re interested in and what your availability is for rehearsals. (We’ll also have a list of available roles with descriptions by then.) Don’t wait for these to be posted, though! Go ahead and sign up for your audition slot now, since slots can fill up.
- Closer to the audition dates, we’ll also post audition sides (definition), which you’ll probably want to look at ahead of time.
- Then, show up for your audition at the scheduled time! Good luck and have fun!
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable.
(The paper forms are not ready yet; we’ll announce here and on the front page when they are.)
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.