Callbacks, if needed, will be Thursday, February 15th.
Performances: April 20th-28th at Responsible Grace Church, 204 Elm Street, Somerville.
Our Spring show will be an original adaptation based on the World War II-era comic book character War Nurse and her Girl Commandos, plus two short companion pieces from the 1940s series “Lest We Forget: The American Dream” on American values of tolerance, pluralism, and standing up against injustice. There will be several types of positions available in the show, including on-stage voice acting, live Foley sound-effects performance, and crucial behind-the-scenes positions.
Auditions will be Monday, February 12 and Tuesday, February 13, with callbacks on Thursday, February 15th as needed. Scroll down to learn how to sign up for a slot and audition.
Parts will be available for both voice and Foley roles.
Performances will be two weekends from April 20-28.
PLEASE NOTE: The Post-Meridian Radio Players is a community theater group and is run by volunteers. Our performers are not paid.
How to Audition
- Check out the available roles and think a little bit about what you’re interested in — the voice roles listed on that page are available, but there also positions for sound-effects performance, tech crew, and various other things.
- Then go to our audition documents folder on Google Drive. There you will find a paper audition form and rehearsal availability grid which you should print out, fill out, and bring with you to your audition. You’ll also find a description of the characters in the various segments, so you can decide which roles you’re most interested in. As they’re ready, we’ll also put audition sides (definition) there, which you’ll probably want to look at ahead of time.
- Then, click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at email@example.com. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
- Go back to our audition documents folder before your audition to download, audition sides (definition), which you’ll probably want to look at ahead of time. We’ll also have a list of available roles. (These aren’t up yet, but they will be shortly!)
- Then, show up for your audition at the scheduled time! Good luck and have fun!
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable. (The paper forms are on Google Drive.)
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.
204 Elm Street
View Responsible Grace on a larger map