Auditions: Monday, January 28th, and Tuesday, January 29th, 2019.
Callbacks, if needed, will be Thursday, January 31st.
Performances: April 5, 6, 11, 12, and 13, 2019.
(8pm performances on all dates, plus a 2pm matinée on Saturday the 6th. Thursday the 11th will be a pay-what-you-can night.)
Location: Boston Brunch Church (formerly Responsible Grace), 204 Elm Street, Somerville (for auditions as well as performances).
Looking to audition for our studio-recording project, “The Yellow Wallpaper”? See this page.
Our Spring show in 2019 will be “Filibus: The Mysterious Sky Pirate,” and “Confidence Confidant” — two adventure stories featuring daring women of disguise and intrigue! See the show page for more about these radio plays (and the film and historical events they’re based on). There will be several types of positions available in the show, including on-stage voice acting, live Foley sound-effects performance, and crucial behind-the-scenes positions.
Auditions will be Monday, January 28th and Tuesday, January 29th, with callbacks on Thursday, January 31st if needed. Scroll down to learn how to sign up for a slot and audition.
Parts will be available for both voice and Foley roles.
Performances will be two weekends from April 5th-13th.
PLEASE NOTE: The Post-Meridian Radio Players is a community theater group and is run by volunteers. Our performers are not paid.
How to Audition
- Check out the available roles and think a little bit about what you’re interested in — the voice roles listed on that page are available, but there also positions for sound-effects performance, tech crew, and various other things.
- Then go to our audition documents folder on Google Drive. There you will find a paper audition form and rehearsal availability grid which you should print out, fill out, and bring with you to your audition.
- Then, click here to sign up for an audition appointment, fill out the form, and submit it.
- If you have submitted the form correctly and one of the time slots you requested is still available, you will get email confirming your audition appointment. (This is sent by a human being who has a day job, so don't worry if it doesn't come right away. But if it doesn’t come within a day or so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use that address to contact us if you have trouble submitting the form.)
- Then print out (or download to your tablet) the audition sides from our Google Drive Audition Docs folder. You’ll want to look over and/or rehearse them before your audition, and it will be very helpful if you can bring your copy to the audition (although we’ll have a few extra copies printed out).
- Then, show up for your audition at the scheduled time! Please bring your filled-out paper audition form and availability schedule. Good luck and have fun!
Some Things to Know
- The audition process involves one form that you fill out online (the appointment form) and two paper forms which you should print out, complete, and bring with you to the audition. They’re not interchangeable. (The paper forms are on Google Drive.)
- If you show up for an audition without the paper forms (or the sides), we’ll probably have a few extra copies printed out and you can fill out the forms there. However, it saves time and trouble and makes the process go more smoothly if you can bring completed forms with you. (It also helps demonstrate to the directors how responsible and resourceful you are!)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but people with appointments will take priority. If there are no-shows during a given hour, we will fill those slots with walk-ins. Any remaining walk-ins will be auditioned at 10pm. It helps the directors tremendously if you sign up in advance, though.
(formerly Responsible Grace Church)
204 Elm Street
View Boston Brunch Church on a larger map